Whether it is a cloverleaf, a bridge, a flyover or a tunnel, India has seen unprecedented growth in mega structures. According to a recent report, India will see a lot of growth in civil construction in the coming five years, and the emphasis will be on rail and road transportation network. Tunnels which play a vital role in connectivity across India have always been a matter of fascination for the travelers. It is not only because they are positioned in some of the most crucial spots in Western Ghats and the Himalayas, but also there is a kind of mystery and aura associated with travel through a tunnel. Here is a quick snapshot of the five most interesting tunnels in India.
Related Blog Posts
- The Top 10 National Parks – Any shutterbug’s delight!
- Sand Art and Pipli Appliqué – The Historically Rooted Art Form of Orissa
- Revisit old Kolkata with these vintage eateries
- India in a Snapshot - 7 Festivals that Define Indian Culture
- Tiger Safari in India: 4 Best Indian Wildlife Sanctuaries to Spot the Big Cat