There is a popular story by the master storyteller Satyajit Ray about his super sleuth Feluda aka Prodosh Chandra Mitter who unravels the mystery of a young boy who remembers his past and how two mischief makers take advantage of this boy to get their hands on a treasure buried in his house. Now, this young protagonist’s house was in Jaisalmer, a place which spins magic with its history and mystery. As far as the eyes can see, one will only get to view the vast Thar Desert and on the desert, standing tall is the beautiful Jaisalmer Fort. Built primarily with the yellow sandstone which is found in abundance nearby, this fort is also known as the Sonar Quila or the Golden Fort. No wonder Ray has aptly named his book ‘Sonar Kella’.
Related Blog Posts
- Why should boys have all the fun – Attention ladies – go solo!
- Free Travel for Travel Bloggers, Photographers and Naturalists
- Travelling by the sky caves of Nepal and canyons carved by the Colorado River
- A sneak peek on how to prepare for a trekking expedition
- Explore your Dream Destinations for Free - with GroupOuting.com