Bengalis are well-known for their choice of food and rich culinary tradition! Most Bengalis know how to savor their taste buds with different nicely cooked spicy and sweet delicacies. A common saying ‘’live to eat’’ goes synonymous with Bengalis. Kolkata is a paradise for the foodies and this love of food is inculcated deep into the history of this heritage city. From time immemorial, the ‘City of Joy’ has got some awesome food corners and joints which have the legacy of their own. Famous bygone movie stars, writers, poets, theatre actors, directors and bureaucrats had regularly visited these eateries and tasted their specialties time and again! These food outlets and bakeries are patent to Kolkata and are deeply connected with its heritage and culture. If you are in Kolkata, these food corners are a must visit. Here is a list of food joints that might look simple from their outer appearance but recognized and serves some of the iconic food items:
Related Blog Posts
- Why should boys have all the fun – Attention ladies – go solo!
- Free Travel for Travel Bloggers, Photographers and Naturalists
- Travelling by the sky caves of Nepal and canyons carved by the Colorado River
- A sneak peek on how to prepare for a trekking expedition
- Explore your Dream Destinations for Free - with GroupOuting.com