Neora Valley Birding TripWest Bengal
Adventure | Hill | Jungle Safari | Mountain | Wildlife
- Adventure parks
- Bird Watching
Neora valley National park situated at a distance of 100 kilometers from the gateway of North East Siliguri and its surroundings are birding paradise. More than 250 birds’ species are recorded here. From Common flycatchers, Swallows, laughing thrushes, 3 or more species of woodpeckers and babblers to Great Pied Hornbill, Himalayan
Griffon, Redstart, Whistling Thrush, Golden Headed Black Finch and the Khaleej Pheasant, Satyr Tragopan, Partridges to Himalayan Monals can be observed here.
Apart from Birdlife with luck one can spot Red Pandas, Moon bears, leopard cats, Himalayan Thar and Serow and flying squirrels can be seen. These areas also host colorful butterflies, beetles, insects with spectacular views of snowcapped mountains and Rhododendron forests.
Early morning arrival to Siliguri around 10 am and transfer to Laptanchor/Laptanchar . After lunch birding in Mahananda WLS till evening. Overnight at Laptanchor. (Meals L, S, D)
Early morning wake up with morning tea and do birding in the nearby areas till with breakfast on spot. Return rest house for lunch and after lunch transfer to Lava by shared Cab. Do birding on the way and after reaching Lava till dusk. Overnight at Lava. (Meals B, L, S, D).
Full day birding at Lava and Loleygaon areas by foot and Car with all meals on packed basis till evening snacks. Overnight at Lava. (Meals B, L, S ,D).
Full day birding inside Neora valley National Park mostly at an altitude of 2500 metres. Overnight Kolakham areas. (Meals B , L , S , D).
Birding till noon inside Neora valley National park till noon. After lunch transfer to Siliguri by evening for onwards journey.
- Tariff Includes
- All transfers from Siliguri to Siliguri and surface transfers during birding trip.
- All guide, porter and forest entry fees.
- All meals as mentioned in the itinerary. (Meals will be basic traditional Bengali and Nepali dishes).
- Bottled mineral water 3 liters per person per day.
- All stays in Camp huts, Tents, home stays of very basic condition on sharing basis.
- Basic first aid kit.
- Details of Bird checklist and map upon confirmation of trip.
- Tariff Excludes
- Participants transfer fees from home station to Siliguri.
- Any visa, travel insurances fees.
- Any alcoholic and nonalcoholic drink except mineral water.
- Meals which are not mentioned in itinerary.
- Any laundry, telephonic bills or internet fees.
- Anything which are not mentioned in inclusions.
- Points to remember
- You are travelling on a medium altitude terrain where you are supposed to trek for long hours. Person should be physical fit to join the expedition and a declaration on such cases should be submitted before trip to the mentor.
- During trip mentors’ decision is final and he /she can change the itinerary according to knowledge. However, it will not affect the cost and duration of the trip.
- Network connectivity, ATM facilities will be limited as well as Internet facilities.
- Each participant should carry valid Government I.D. proof which shows participants picture name and address clearly. Like voter I.D. card, driving licenses, passport, Aadhar card for Indian citizens. Passport is the only valid I.D. for foreign citizens.
- Any violation of forest laws and environment laws and any unlawful activities on trip is liable to prosecution.
- All legal matters are subjected to Kolkata jurisdiction only.
- Payment Policy
- Rushet Reserve forests for 2 days with INR 4900 add on per person.
- Pangolakha WLS in Sikkim for 3 days with Inr 9.900 add on per person.
- Cancellation Policy
- 50% of trip cost is needed for advance booking, which is nonrefundable except if Group Outing fails to provide you service on that particular days.
- Remaining 50% should be paid at most before 15 days of the trip for confirmation.
- No cancellation will be entertained within 15 days of the 1st date of commencement of the trip.
- No refund can be made if the participant fails to turn up at the given time and venue, acts of god, any unusual circumstances or public unrest cases, which has not initiated by Group Outing solutions pvt. ltd.