Panchalingeswar & KuldihaOdisha
Hill | Scenic | Wildlife
- Bird Watching
- Jungle Safari
- Tribal Dance
- Watch Tower
- This is an ideal weekend destination from West Bengal, Odisha and Bihar.
- The tour is a right mix of leisure, religious, wildlife adventure and jungle trail.
- The location is set on a picturesque landscape surrounded by rocky hills and forests.
- Ample opportunity for wildlife photographers and birding enthusiasts.
- Range of accommodation options include camps, cottages and resorts.
- Best time to visit – October to May. Rainy season and summer should be avoided.
- This is one place where GroupOuting™ can give you the adventure of camping in the wild
- The place has a huge population of wild elephants and Indian bear.
Meet at Howrah at 5 am. Leave for Balasore. Packed breakfast in transit. Arrive at 9:30 am. Board cab from Balasore station and head to Panchalingeshwar. Arrive at Hotel at 11:30 am. Freshen up, and get a round of tea. Post lunch team goes for a trek to the the famous Shiva temple at the hill top. A cab takes you next to Bireshwar temple and Khemkut dam. Return to the resort before 7p.m. Team mates need to gather wood from the jungle for the bonfire & barbeque in the evening. Set up camp by evening at Khemkut or nearby jungle. Enjoy tea and snacks at camp. Team members engage in bonfire and barbeque. Packed dinner is served. Overnight in tents/camps.
Early morning trek back to the resort early morning amidst the picturesque natural surroundings by 6am. Tea and breakfast is served by 8 am. Freshen up and get ready for a long day outdoor. Leave by 9:30 am for a day long jungle safari in Kuldiha. Spend the day in the jungle sighting animals, and living the thrill of adventure. A wholesome lunch will be served at the Kuldiha forest bungalow in the middle of the jungle or by the rocks near the waterfalls. Post lunch, continue jungle safari and aim to reach the forest guest house by 5 pm. Guaranteed sighting of wildlife (bison, elephants, deer) by the salt-pit visible from the guesthouse bungalow. Tea and snacks is served. Team members are to stay at tents/ forest guesthouse in Kuldiha overnight to experience the raw jungle thrill. Dinner and overnight at Kuldiha.
Bed tea served. The adventure seekers may go for an early morning walk through the core forest to nearby water bodies where elephants often come for bath. Post breakfast, some more jungle trail walking. Back at the resort for lunch, and head to Balasore. Board train to Howrah at 4:20pm. Tea and snacks served in transit. Arrive at Howrah at 8:30 pm.
- Tariff Includes
- Howrah to Howrah transfer
- Train reservation in sleeper class
- All Meals, drinking water
- Sightseeing in non-AC local transport
- Non-AC transfer from station to Hotel and back.
- Tariff Excludes
- Any meals not mentioned
- Packaged drinking water
- Any medical costs, emergency or unexpected costs
- Expenses of personal nature – shopping, laundry, street food, tips
- Personal conveyance of any nature
- Anything not mentioned in Inclusions
- Essentials To Carry
- DSLR camera with all your lenses
- Sun block lotion
- Torch with spare batteries (also batteries for camera)
- Light cotton clothes during summer in shades of green, ash, light brown, grey.
- Warm thermals and jackets during winter.
- A ear cap and woolen caps in winter.
- Covered shoes
- Rain cover
- Power bank
- Water purifying tablets
- General or prescribed medicines
- Mosquito repellants
- Points to remember
Kuldiha Wildlife Sanctuary is located in the Balasore district of Orissa, India. The charming dense forest is full of sal tree, sishu, mango, bahera, piyasal, jam and simul trees, spread across an area of 272.75 square kms. Kuldiha forest is home to a wide species flora and fauna. The jungle boasts of wild animals like the elephants, leopards, tigers, deer, gaur, bison, sambar, giant squirrels and a variety of reptiles. Jungle Fowl and monkeys are a common sight. The saltlick is a must visit spot as the herbivores can be commonly seen at this spot regularly.
The Kuldiha Wildlife Sanctuary is also a great place for bird lovers. The forest houses a variety of birds like hornbills, hill myna and peafowl. The peaceful retreat is a good bird watching spot in the eastern region of India.
The Kuldiha Wildlife sanctuary is linked with Similipal through Sukhupada hills and Nato hill ranges. There is a lion sanctuary and the Tenda elephant sanctuary which is visited by tourists. A watch tower built at the bank of the river at Garsimulia is another place to visit to try your luck in spotting the coveted leopard and tiger.
Besides the forest safari, a trek from Nilgiri through the Kuldiha forests is recommended. There are two rest houses at Kuldiha and Jorachua. The streams are worth enjoying.
Kuldiha can be visited any time of the year. However, the summer months are the best time to visit Kuldiha jungles to best enjoy its beauty. Monsoon are an off peak time to visit forest as they are the breeding season and the forest remains unaccessible.
Simlipal, Bhitarkanika and Satkosia are other nearby destinations of interest to tourists. All these locations have a natural charm and are loved by wildlife enthusiasts for their jungles and wildlife. Even Panchalingeshwar is a nearby place of interest.
The nearest railway station is Balasore. Head to Shergarh via the National Highway, and from there turn to Sujangarh. You will cross Panchalingeshwar on the way. From Sujangarh turn left to reach Kuldiha Forest.
- Rules And Regulations
GroupOuting™ reserves the right to rearrange the itinerary depending on weather conditions or other factors outside our control. Amendments may be made to suit the accommodation availability without changing the total number of days in each destination. Even if there are any changes to the day to day activities planned, we would not compromise on any services.
The vehicle used may be AC or NAC based on availability and climate, and will be used for point to point transfer services only and is not at disposal. Clients are requested to follow the itinerary as general guidelines.
- Payment Policy
In order to book a GroupOuting™ Exclusive tour, 50% payment is needed. Use the payment button to proceed booking the tour.
You will receive a payment receipt on payment of booking fee. The remainder 50% fee has to be paid 15 days before the departure date.
The undisputed refund amount, if applicable, will be refunded within 10 days of notifying GroupOuting™.
- Cancellation Policy
- If cancellations are made 30 days before the start date of the trip, no cancellation fees will be applicable.
- If cancellations are made within 15-30 days before the start date of the trip, 20% of booking value will be charged as cancellation fees.
- If cancellations are made within 7-15 days before the start date of the trip, 50% of booking value will be charged as cancellation fees.
- If cancellations are made within 0-7 days before the start date of the trip, 100% of booking value will be charged as cancellation fees.
- In case of unforeseen weather conditions or government restrictions, certain activities may be cancelled and in such cases the operator will try his best to provide an alternate feasible activity. However no refund will be provided for the same.