Red Panda ExpeditionWest Bengal
Adventure | Hill | Jungle Safari | Mountain | Wildlife
- Adventure parks
- Jungle Safari
- The area which we will explore comes under Singalila National Park and some extended areas of Nepal . Average altitude of the area is around 10000 feet. We obtain all necessary permissions to venture Nepal territories also.
- The season in which we are travelling will have pleasant weather. Night the temperatures drops below 10 degree Celsius. Those who have heart and lungs , disease and fitness problem are advise to avoid the trips.
- Spotting of Red Pandas in the wild is of no Guarantee but with the help of guides and previous knowledge we will guide you the best.
- Weather factors are the enmity of this adventure. Prior to the trip if any calamity happens, we will postponed the trip and 100% refund will be given. But in the journey time if we are struck in bad weather no refund can be made for such cases and we have to wait patiently for safe period.
- Services provided during stays will be very basic. No luxury services can be provided.
Upon confirmation with 50% advance payment, we will give a list of things to carry and Do’s and Don’ts along with our naturalist will send you the detailed and expected list of Faunas you can photograph.
Waiting patiently to hear you soon and for answering you further queries.
The participants of the Red Panda Expedition will meet GroupOuting ground Executive at Bagdogra Airport at 1.30pm, and following a quick round of introduction, the team will proceed towards their first night stopover. The team will check into the hotel. In the evening, the team will meet over tea and get a briefing of their upcoming expedition days. The first day should be used to acclaimatize to the new weather. The stopover will be at a local lodge or homestay at a scenic location in the hills, or in the midst of lush green tea garden. The day is meant to enjoy the views and acclaimatize. The expedition will team will replenish their supplies.
Today, the team will enter the Singalila National Park, and head to the first basecamp. The basecamp is strategically located in the park with comfortable facilities and views, and most importantly, within a short drive to the forest and Red Panda territory. The team will reach the basecamp by noon. The rest of the day will be spent in short walks, and further acclaimatization. The basecamp allows for fantastic views of the mountain ranges on the other side and dusk is the best time for capturing some shots of the setting sun. The team will also meet their Guide and porter.
The expedition team will start the extensive search in the valley for the panda by foot, after the team is driven to the starting point of the search operation by Land Rover. Full day birding and search operation for the pandas, as well as sighting other animal species like the Moon bears in the surrounding forests by foot. Overnight at basecamp.
The team will leave basecamp early morning and explore another part of this forest belt today. Shifted to the starting point by a vintage Land Rover, the team will continue exploration until noon by foot. Based on inputs from Guides and locals, we would shift base to another forest belt known for its Red Panda habitat. If doing so, the team will shift base post lunch to another basecamp, transferred by Land ROver within the National Park, and then by an SUV.
Early morning the team starts search operations in the forest close to the new basecamp. All the forests zones are known for their Red Panda Habitat, making it highly probable for a sighting any moment of the trek. After exploring this forest zone and based on the outcome, the team will further shift base to their next basecamp. Post lunch, the team is transferred to their third base by SUV. The team will reach the lodge by evening.
The participants start their day early after a sumptuous breakfast and proceed for a long day with uphill trek. With amazing views and pleasant weather, the tough schedule is sure to bring in positive results. Head to the basecamp at the end of the trek by evening.
The expedition team starts early on their last day of expedition and moves towards another forest zone, based on feedback from forest officials, locals and Guide’s inputs. A thorough search for the Red Panda and along with it, a whole range of other exotic birds and animal species can be sighted. Come back to the base camp in the evening for warm bevarages and hot dinner.
Take leisurely breakfast, enjoy a short walk nearby and leave the basecamp for onward journey at 10am. You will be dropped at the airport or nearby hotel as per your onward tour plan.
- Tariff Includes
- Guidance of a professional naturalist throughout the trip.
- All meals , tea, snacks with 2 liters mineral waters per person per day.
- All forest entry fees, guide fees,porter fees as per the itinerary.
- All staying options at tents, Yakhuts,Home stays as per the search operation demands. We will keep on shifting our base camp as per demand.
- Basic first aid and medicinal facilities along with a back up car at a nearby place.
- All surface transfer on trip and to and fro from Siliguri.
- Tariff Excludes
1. Transfer fees from participants home town to Siliguri.
2. Any fees related to visa, laundry,telephonic service,Internet service and other recreational services.
3. Travel Insurances, Medical insurances
4. Anything which is not mentioned under inclusions.
- Essentials To Carry
- Backpack (45-55 L) with sturdy straps and supporting frame
- Knap pack (20L) optional.
- Trekking shoes – no sports shoes. (With Rubber Sole, high ankle).
- Trek pants.
- Tees with collar.
- A full sleeve thick jacket or fleece (should be marked to work under -25 deg c.
- Thermal inners (woolen)
- Sports socks (should be changed at each night)
- Woolen monkey cap.
- Wind cheater Or a light rain coat/poncho.
- Woolen hand gloves + synthetic glove (water proof).
- Sun glasses (polarized or UV protected).
- Cold cream and sun screen lotion (SPF 40+).
- Lip balm.
- Water bottles
- Personal toilet kit and toilet papers.
- Personal medicine kit. Please consult a physician and ask to give medicines (to prevent AMS, fever motion sickness, allergies, Pain killer, headache, diarrhea, acidity, aches, & sprains)
- Small repair kit consisting of( safety pins, needle, thread and string.,Crepe bandage – 3 to 5 meters,Gauze, Band aid Cotton, ORS, antiseptic cream, pain relif spray).
- LED Torch with 2 extra set of cells.
- Camera, memory-cards, batteries etc (carry enough spare batteries. Electricity is not available on the slopes or at the base camp).
- Plastic bags.
- Trekking pole/Stick.
- Carry lots of dry fruits, chocolates combinations as snacks, chewing gums.
- Travel coffee mug n plate.
- Soap Strip.
- One Candle, lighter.
- Fix ropes
- Hiking boots.
- Medicines as mentioned in snow leopard itinerary.
- Hiking Pole/stick.
- Hiking Shoes.
- Sport Socks.
- Points to remember
- Govt. Approved ID card for Indian Nationals and Passport for Foreigners and SAARC citizens in original. And to be shown on demand to the respective authority.
- This is a trip where all the luxury facilities will be null and void, participants has to share tents with others,Some places doesn’t have proper toilet and the person should carry his/her own loads by self. Participants should help each other in food and shelter making.Team tasks will be distributed equally by the leader to all participants.
- This trip involves hiking at 8000 ft altitude. Person should be fit enough for this and should have a fit certificate by from a certified physician before travel and to be submitted 7 days prior to the journey at our office or through e-mail.
- Upon confirmation the trip map and full list of birds red panda habitats needed to be photogrpah will be sent to the participants.
- Fitness certificate is not mandatory but person should agrees to be physically fit during participants and a form should be filled by GO mentioning that. He should abide the rules and regulations set by the mentor on trip.
- Mentor can change the itinerary as per his knowledge on field for better wildlife viewing and his decision is final in that case. However it will not affect the cost and duration of the trip.
- No refund can be made if a participant flouts forest norms which will be told in advance to the guests. Safety and security of the traveler inside the national park is solely one’s own. However mentor will guide participants with safety instructions. In case of act of god, natural calamities, situation of public unrest, strikes and all which is undesired and not caused by Group Outing Pvt. Ltd. In any case Group Outing fails to organize a scheduled trip for which participants has already paid advance or full amount, full refund will be given to the participants.
- Any discrepancy at any stage of the trip if arrives in case of the identity of the guests and ID cards, the person is liable to persecution under acts of the government. Group Outing will strictly obey forest and transport, hospitality rules as directed by government of India.
- All legal matters are subject to Kolkata jurisdiction only.
- Payment Policy
- In order to book a GroupOuting™ Exclusive tour, 50% payment is needed. Use the payment button to proceed booking the tour.
- You will receive a payment receive on payment of booking fee. The remainder 50% fee has to be paid 15 days before the departure date.
- The undisputed refund amount, if applicable, will be refunded within 10 days of notifying GroupOuting™.
- Cancellation Policy
- The booking amount of 50% of the actual tariff can not be refunded once it is paid.
- If cancellations are made within 7-15 days before the start date of the trip, 75% of booking value will be charged as cancellation fees.
- If cancellations are made within 0-7 days before the start date of the trip, 100% of booking value will be charged as cancellation fees.
- In case of unforeseen weather conditions or government restrictions, certain activities may be cancelled and in such cases the operator will try his best to provide an alternate feasible activity. However no refund will be provided for the same.
Posted On 4th May, 2018
"I had an absolutely amazing trip!"
I had an fantastic trip, from the pic-up at the airport to the sad good by. We got very well taken care of, the trip was planed to perfection. We met a lot of wonderful people, saw some breathtaking nature and the peak of the trip was when we spotted a Red Panda. No words can describe that feeling. nI warmly recommend Group Outing to everyone who wants to create some wonderful memories.