Red Panda ExpeditionWest Bengal
Adventure | Jungle Safari | Mountain | Wildlife
- Adventure parks
- Jungle Safari
Greetings from GO Group OUTING. GO EXCLUSIVE is conducting Red Panda expedition to Singalila National Park. We all know Red Panda is one of endangered species and in the verge of extinction. It is scheduled on IUCN Red List. Till now there are 30 odd Red Pandas living in wild hills of Singalila range.
This trip is guided by Naturalists who have previously seen Red Panda in wild last year. Before the arrival of the team at Base camp a search team will be involved in Panda tracking.
The participants from various destinations around 10.00 am will engage at Siliguri/NJP/Bagdogra as per traveler’s choice. Then the team will proceed towards Maney Bhanjan through shared jeep and then will move towards Tumling with century old land rover. Acclimatize for the rest of the day and get hand on details from the mentor about the following plan. Overnight at Tumling
The team will perform extensive search in the valley for the panda by foot or by car as per situations demand through out the day near Tumling. Overnight at Tumling.
Full day birding and Search for the pandas , as well as Moon bears in the surrounding forests of Tumling by foot. Overnight at Tumling.
The team will be transferred to Gauribas by Land Rover for the next Base camp and the search operation begins nearby forests of Gauribas as soon as the lands on Base camp. Overnight at Tumling.
Full day search operations in jungles close to Gauribas.At evening the team will be transferred to Sandakphu for Landscape photography in dusk lights.
The participants after breakfast will be transferred to Siliguri/NJP/Bagdogra around 3 pm in the evening in shared transferring mode.
- Tariff Includes
- Guidance of a professional naturalist throughout the trip.
- All meals , tea, snacks with 2 liters mineral waters per person per day.
- All forest entry fees, guide fees,porter fees as per the itinerary.
- All staying options at tents, Yakhuts,Home stays as per the search operation demands. We will keep on shifting our base camp as per demand.
- Basic first aid and medicinal facilities along with a back up car at a nearby place.
- All surface transfer on trip and to and fro from Siliguri.
- Tariff Excludes
1. Transfer fees from participants home town to Siliguri.
2. Any fees related to visa, laundry,telephonic service,Internet service and other recreational services.
3. Travel Insurances, Medical insurances
4. Anything which is not mentioned under inclusions.
- Essentials To Carry
- Backpack (45-55 L) with sturdy straps and supporting frame
- Knap pack (20L) optional.
- Trekking shoes – no sports shoes. (With Rubber Sole, high ankle).
- Trek pants.
- Tees with collar.
- A full sleeve thick jacket or fleece (should be marked to work under -25 deg c.
- Thermal inners (woolen)
- Sports socks (should be changed at each night)
- Woolen monkey cap.
- Wind cheater Or a light rain coat/poncho.
- Woolen hand gloves + synthetic glove (water proof).
- Sun glasses (polarized or UV protected).
- Cold cream and sun screen lotion (SPF 40+).
- Lip balm.
- Water bottles
- Personal toilet kit and toilet papers.
- Personal medicine kit. Please consult a physician and ask to give medicines (to prevent AMS, fever motion sickness, allergies, Pain killer, headache, diarrhea, acidity, aches, & sprains)
- Small repair kit consisting of( safety pins, needle, thread and string.,Crepe bandage – 3 to 5 meters,Gauze, Band aid Cotton, ORS, antiseptic cream, pain relif spray).
- LED Torch with 2 extra set of cells.
- Camera, memory-cards, batteries etc (carry enough spare batteries. Electricity is not available on the slopes or at the base camp).
- Plastic bags.
- Trekking pole/Stick.
- Carry lots of dry fruits, chocolates combinations as snacks, chewing gums.
- Travel coffee mug n plate.
- Soap Strip.
- One Candle, lighter.
- Fix ropes
- Hiking boots.
- Medicines as mentioned in snow leopard itinerary.
- Hiking Pole/stick.
- Hiking Shoes.
- Sport Socks.
- Points to remember
- Govt. Approved ID card for Indian Nationals and Passport for Foreigners and SAARC citizens in original. And to be shown on demand to the respective authority.
- This is a trip where all the luxury facilities will be null and void, participants has to share tents with others,Some places doesn’t have proper toilet and the person should carry his/her own loads by self. Participants should help each other in food and shelter making.Team tasks will be distributed equally by the leader to all participants.
- This trip involves hiking at 8000 ft altitude. Person should be fit enough for this and should have a fit certificate by from a certified physician before travel and to be submitted 7 days prior to the journey at romancing the roar office or through e-mail.
- Upon confirmation the trip map and full list of birds red panda habitats needed to be photogrpah will be sent to the participants.
- Fitness certificate is not mandatory but person should agrees to be physically fit during participants and a form should be filled by GO mentioning that. He should abide the rules and regulations set by the mentor on trip.
- Mentor can change the itinerary as per his knowledge on field for better wildlife viewing and his decision is final in that case. However it will not affect the cost and duration of the trip.
- No refund can be made if a participant flouts forest norms which will be told in advance to the guests. Safety and security of the traveler inside the national park is solely one’s own. However mentor will guide participants with safety instructions. In case of act of god, natural calamities, situation of public unrest, strikes and all which is undesired and not caused by Group Outing Pvt. Ltd. In any case Group Outing fails to organize a scheduled trip for which participants has already paid advance or full amount, full refund will be given to the participants.
- Any discrepancy at any stage of the trip if arrives in case of the identity of the guests and ID cards, the person is liable to persecution under acts of the government. Group Outing will strictly obey forest and transport, hospitality rules as directed by government of India.
- All legal matters are subject to Kolkata jurisdiction only.
- Payment Policy
- In order to book a GroupOuting™ Exclusive tour, 50% payment is needed. Use the payment button to proceed booking the tour.
- You will receive a payment receive on payment of booking fee. The remainder 50% fee has to be paid 15 days before the departure date.
- The undisputed refund amount, if applicable, will be refunded within 10 days of notifying GroupOuting™.
- Cancellation Policy
- The booking amount of 50% of the actual tariff can not be refunded once it is paid.
- If cancellations are made within 7-15 days before the start date of the trip, 75% of booking value will be charged as cancellation fees.
- If cancellations are made within 0-7 days before the start date of the trip, 100% of booking value will be charged as cancellation fees.
- In case of unforeseen weather conditions or government restrictions, certain activities may be cancelled and in such cases the operator will try his best to provide an alternate feasible activity. However no refund will be provided for the same.