Sandakphu TrekWest Bengal
Hill | Mountain | Scenic
- Adventure parks
- Bird Watching
- Rock Climbing
- Snow adventures
- Tariff Includes
- Return Train fare for Economy Class with taxes
- Night Stay accommodation
- All Meals during Trek – Tea, Breakfast, Lunch, Tea, Dinner
- National Park Entrance fees
- Experienced Trek Guide
- All necessary entry permits and permissions.
- Tariff Excludes
- AC Train Fare/ Flight to and From City of Origin. Economy/Sleeper train fare included.
- Camera charges at Sanglila National Park.
- Meals in train – dinner at Howrah and NJP.
- Snacks outside meal plan.
- Packaged drinking water.
- Insurance and Tourist visa.
- Porterage. We encourage our co travellers to carry their own backpacks. We will have a backup porter to help children or anyone feeling ill enroute with their luggage.
- Additional charges apply for Foreign Nationals.
- Essentials To Carry
- Pack light. You will carry your own luggage.
- Sun block cream.
- Rain cover.
- Sleeping bag/quilt.
- Woolen water/wind proof jacket.
- Thermal top and bottom.
- Trekking shoes (Not sports shoes, especially in winter)
- Water bottle, water purifying tablets.
- General medicine/ regular medicines.
- 3 pair of socks.
- Sufficient Undergarments
- 1 change of top and bottoms (other than what you wear).
- Plate, spoon and cup/mug.
- Torch and change of batteries
- Light towel
- Tissue/Toilet papers are discouraged but keep arrangement if needed.
- Personal toilet kit.
- Points to remember
The highest point in the state of West Bengal, Sandakphu lies in the Sanglila range of Darjeeling district, located at a height of 11,929 ft (3636 mts). Sandakphu is the highest point of West Bengal, India. Sandakphu is a great start to your trekking experience since the trail is lovely, moderately easy and has tea houses through the route for comfortable night stays. However, for the adventure seekers, a camp stay is recommended.
Trekking to Sandakphu happens during spring as well as winter. The warmer months in April-May offers breathtaking views of the forests covered with Rhododendron and Magnolias, spruce and more than 600 varieties of orchids in full bloom. A wide range of wild life – the Red Panda among the most famous ones – can be seen lapped to tree branches on the trail. Winter treks in Sandakphu can be moderately difficult with heavy snow cover en-route, which makes it difficult to locate the tail. It is also freezing cold during the winters, although the clear skies offer spectacular views of the mountain ranges. For first timers, it is recommended to do this trek in Spring.
This GO Xclusive trek is for nature lovers of all ages who want to undertake this journey. Half the battle is won if you think you can do it. So we do not limit participation by enforcing an age limit. Join us as our expert team conducts this trek professionally taking care of every aspect from the time we meet.
- Rules And Regulations
GroupOuting™ reserves the right to rearrange the itinerary depending on weather conditions or other factors outside our control. Amendments may be made to suit the accommodation availability without changing the total number of days in each destination. Even if there are any changes to the day to day activities planned, we would not compromise on any services.
The vehicle used may be AC or NAC based on availability and climate, and will be used for point to point transfer services only and is not at disposal. Clients are requested to follow the itinerary as general guidelines.
- Payment Policy
In order to book a GroupOuting™ Exclusive tour, 50% payment is needed. Use the payment button to proceed booking the tour.
You will receive a payment receive on payment of booking fee. The remainder 50% fee has to be paid 15 days before the departure date.
The undisputed refund amount, if applicable, will be refunded within 10 days of notifying GroupOuting™.
- Cancellation Policy
- If cancellations are made 30 days before the start date of the trip, no cancellation fees will be applicable.
- If cancellations are made within 15-30 days before the start date of the trip, 20% of booking value will be charged as cancellation fees.
- If cancellations are made within 7-15 days before the start date of the trip, 50% of booking value will be charged as cancellation fees.
- If cancellations are made within 0-7 days before the start date of the trip, 100% of booking value will be charged as cancellation fees.
- In case of unforeseen weather conditions or government restrictions, certain activities may be cancelled and in such cases the operator will try his best to provide an alternate feasible activity. However no refund will be provided for the same.