The valleys of Ladakh and Zanskar lies in the Trans Himalayan zone. For the inhabitants of Padum, Lingshed, Fotosar and Nerak this river of ice had remained the only way to commute to trade butter and their other wares during winters. During the harsh Himalayan winter the high passes and the roads are blocked by heavy snow fall.
In winter the water of the Zanskar freeze and form a sheet of ice and snow known as the "Chadar" which means blanket in Zanskari.
There is plenty of evidence here that this region was a part of the 'Tetis Sea'. Millions of years ago the sand and the pebbles of the beach pressurized by the Tectonic Plate Movements of the Continental Drift rose up and formed Fold Mountains. The Chadar is not uniformly frozen. At certain places it is a strong and tough sheet of ice but a certain others it is dangerously broken.
Happy To Help
Day 1: Arrival @LehDay 2: Acclimization Day and Leh Town TourDay 3: Drive to Tlad Do via ChillingDay 4: Tilad Do to GyalpoDay 5: Gyalpo camp to Tibb CaveDay 6: Tibb cave to Naerak campDay 7: Naerak Camp to Tibb CaveDay 8: Tibb Cave to GyalpoDay 9: Gyalpo to Tilad Do and drive to LehDay 10: Return from Leh
- Transport from Leh to Leh.
- All necessary permits.
- Accommodation (trekkers hut, Home stay, camps, Tents) with sleeping bag and sleeping mat.
- Food while on trek (Veg.+ Non Veg. Meal).
- Trek Leader, Guide and Support staff.
- First Aid.
- Entry fees.
- Food during the transit.
- Any kind of personal expenses.
- Personal equipments : Ice axe, trekking pole.
- Mules or porter to carry personal luggage.
- Anything not specifically mentioned.
- Payment Policy
The confirmation of the trek is done only after receiving the 50% of the trek fees.
- Cancellation Policy
If for some reason you wish to cancel the trek, email intimation needs to be sent to along with telephonic information. The cancellation charges are as under:
• Cancellations prior to 30 days from the start of the trek —50% refund.
• Cancellation between 30 days and 20 days to the start of the trek —30% refund.
• Cancellation less than 20 days to the start of the trek — no refund.
- Essentials To Carry
1. Backpack (45-55 L) with sturdy straps and supporting frame.
2. Knap pack (20L) optional.
3. Trekking shoes – no sports shoes. (With Rubber Sole, high ankle).
4. 3 trek pants.
5. 4 tees with collar.
6. Full sleeves sweater (not too thick).
7. A full sleeves fleece jacket.
8. A full sleeve thick jacket or something similar.
9. 1 pair of thermal inners (optional).
10. Sports socks.
11. Woolen monkey cap.
12. Wind cheater Or a light rain coat/poncho.
13. Woolen hand gloves + synthetic glove (water proof).
14. Sun glasses (polarized or UV protected).
16. Cold cream and sun screen lotion (SPF 40+).
17. Lip balm.
18. Carry 2 Water bottles (1 L each).
19. Personal toilet kit and toilet papers.
20. Personal medicine kitna. Coca 30 – 30 mlnb. Crocin – 6 tabletsnc. Avomine – 4 tabletsnd. Avil 25mg – 4 tabletsne. Combiflam – 4 tabletsnf. Disprin – 6 tabletsng. Norflox TZ– 6 tabletsnh. Crepe bandage – 3 to 5 metersni.Band aid – 10 stripsnj. Eno – 6 Satchesnk. Cotton – 1 small rollnl. ORS – 5 packetsnm. Betadine or any antiseptic creamnn. Volini Spray(small).
21. Small repair kit consisting of safety pins, needle, thread and string.
22. LED Torch with 2 extra set of cells.
23. Camera, memory-cards, batteries etc (carry enough spare batteries. Electricity is not available on the slopes or at the base camp).
24. While packing, use plastic bags to compartmentalize things and carry few extra plastic bags.
25. Trekking pole/Stick is mandatory.
26. Carry lots of dry fruits, chocolates combinations as snacks. Chewing gums.
27. Travel coffee mug n plate.
28. Soap Strip.
29. One Candle, lighter.