Day 01: Haridwar to Joshimath
On arrival in Haridwar, board a vehicle and drive to Joshimath. The distance between the two towns is roughly 275 km, and it can be covered in about 4 hours 44 minutes. Rudraprayag, Srinagar, Karnaprayag and Devprayag are some of the places that you will pass by on the way to Joshimath. After you arrive here, transfer to your lodging for overnight stay.
Day 02: Joshimath to Dhak (4 hours) | Dhak to Chitrakhana
Relish a scrumptious breakfast at your lodgings and then drive to the village of Dhak. Begin your Kuari Pass trek after you arrive in Dhak village, which is approximately 12 km from Joshimath. You first encounter a steep climb through forests of oak, rhododendron and hemlock. After a while, the trail enters a picturesque valley.
Enjoy lunch on the way, and later make for Tugasi village, which is about 6 km from Dhak. You walk on terrain with gentle slope, and beyond Tugasi, the track starts descending. After walking for some time, you will reach the meadow of Chitrakhana. The meadow gives panoramic views of snow-capped peaks, and you will also see huts of shepherds here. There is even a mountain spring here, which will serve as a source of clean drinking water for you. On arrival at Chitrakhana, have a nice dinner and then stay overnight in camps.
Day 03: Chitrakhana to Tali Top
This is a rather gruelling section of the Winter Kuari Pass trek as it involves a lot of ascending. Throughout the approximately 6 km journey, your eyes will treat themselves to the sight of lush green grass and red rhododendron bushes. It will take around 2 hours 30 minutes to meander through the forests of rhododendrons, silver birches, and morinda spruces. Once the forest is crossed, walk for another hour to reach the top of the ridge, which is about 3500 metres above sea level.
Another short walk of about half an hour takes you to the gently sloping meadow of Tali Top, where you will stay overnight. All along the journey, the peaks of Nanda Devi and Dunagiri will be clearly visible to you.
Day 04: Tali Top to Kuari Pass | Kuari Pass to Tali Top
The following is the longest phase of Kuari Pass trekking because it takes you to the pass, and then back to Tali Top. In all, you will hike for about 15 km, and the total time taken will be around eight hours. An easy hike of about an hour will get you to Khullar, from where the track again becomes steep. From Khullar Top, it is a long journey to the crest of Kuari Pass. The pass is encircled by towering mountains, with Nanda Devi being the highest and most prominent among them. Due to its altitude, it is extremely windy and cold up here. Post looking at the scenery and taking pictures, follow the path to Tali Top. On arrival in Tali Top, set-up your tents and stay overnight.
Day 05: Tali Top to Joshimath via Auli
Relish hiking down the mountains on this last day of your wonderful Himalayan excursion.
This phase of the journey is almost 8 km long and takes approximately four hours to complete. You will trek through the lovely meadow of Gurson, where you will see huge boulders scattered here and there. Here you may also get to see long-haired sheep and goats, grazing on lush grass. Hiking down from here, you reach the famous ski resort of Auli, where you board a vehicle and drive down to Joshimath. On arrival in the holy town of Joshimath, travel to your lodging for overnight stay.
Day 06: Joshimath to Haridwar
Early in the morning, leave Joshimath and drive back to Haridwar.
1. Service Tax @ 3.63% payable on the trek fee.
2. We provide transport from pick up point to Base Camp and vice-versa at a particular time. So you have to report this place before that time. If you failed to reach within this time then you have to make your own arrangement to reach and return from our Base Camp, or we can arrange a transport depends on availability by paying an additional charge.
3. We expect all trekkers to carry their own backpacks. All common gear will be carried by the support team. If for some reason a trekker is unable to carry his or her backpack, he/she can offload the same by paying an additional charge.
4. If for any reason a participant has to drop out from the trek on any day then we will make arrangements for his/her return to the nearest road head. A staff will accompany the participant to the nearest road head.
5. We will not be responsible for any loss/damage of your gears/equipment or other belongings on the trek. And if you damage or lose any of our equipment then you have to pay the full market price of that equipment.
6. Drinking and smoking during the trek is strictly prohibited. If found flouting the rules, your participation on the trek will be cancelled with immediate effect.
7. In case of any medical emergency, Medical expenses, if required, at the medical centre are to be borne by the participant.
8. If any of our trek cancelled due to any unavoidable reason. We will issue a voucher of the same amount of the trek. This can be redeemed for the same or any other trek within 1 year.
9. We have the right to postpone cancel the Trek/ Cycling/ Camp/ Expedition with or without any reason. We also have the right to terminate the participation of any member at any stage.
10. In case of any delay due to bad road condition or other unforeseen reasons. We will not be responsible.
11. All the issues will be subject to the jurisdiction of Kolkata.
Cancellations prior to 30 days from the start of the trek — 80% Refund.
Cancellation between 30 days to 20 days prior to the trek — 50% Refund.
Cancellation less than 20 days to the start of the trek — No Refund.
• 4 T Shirts (dry fit or cotton)
• 3 Light Weight Hiking Pants
• 4 Socks (2 cotton, 2 woollen)
• 3 Undergarments
• 1 Pen knife or multi-tool knife
• 1 Thin Nylon Ropes for multipurpose use
• 1 Toilet Paper Roll
• 1 Small Towel
• 1 Soap Papers
• 1 Ruck Sack
• 1 Small Backpack/nap sack
• 1 Hiking Shoes, better if water proof
• 1 Sleeper/ sandals to be used on campsites (optional)
• 1 Headlamp with extra batteries
• 2 Water Bottles
• 1 Water proof Upper and Lower
• 1 Poncho/Raincoat
• 1 Waterproof Sack/Backpack Cover
• 1 Water proof gloves
• 1 Skin Moisturizer
• 1 Lip Balm
• 2 Thermal Inner Wears
• 1 Woollen Cap
• 1 Fleece jackets
• 1 Down Jacket or a good light weight jacket
• 2 Woollen Gloves
• Sunscreen SPF 50 above
• Sunglasses( UV proof/ Polarizer)
• Sun Hat
• Balaclava /Face mask
• Dry fruit
• Chocolate/Energy Bars
We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.